Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Now looking forward to 2017

The best part of Christmas  was having my 6 year old (soon to be 7 next month)   granddaughter here.  

Her dad was handing out her presents one at a time and one of our's was the first one....( as I have mentioned before, she has Cerebral Palsy and trouble with speech)  when she opened it she said...."my bestest present ever"  it was a transformer toy, robot to fire engine.  Woman Happy    

Well, it was the "bestest" until she  opened  her Frozen, Elsa, singing doll with a microphone.  Eirwen loves anything to with "Frozen"  (  she calls all things to do with Frozen -  Let it go, because of the song)   and it was so lovely to hear her singing along to the song " Let it go" .  

But, the best thing for me was when she climbed into our bed around "6.30 ".....each morning giving me a cuddle and kiss, telling me... " I love you Grandma"   Heart    

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!

Super Lidler of Class 2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Now looking forward to 2017

Not sure about the word "had". Today's only the 4th. (or 3rd) day of Christmas. There's more to come!

Regular Contributor

User1 wrote:

Not sure about the word "had". Today's only the 4th. (or 3rd) day of Christmas. There's more to come!

@User1@JadeAbsolutely, some people, like in the Soviet Union, don't celebrate Christmas until the 7th January 2017, so "had" is not valid for everyone.

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Respected Contributor

Just thought I would get it in now as might hibernate till the new year.....   @BigAll @User1

If you don't ask, you will never know the answer!

Super Lidler of Class 2016
Valued Contributor

BigAll wrote:

User1 wrote:

@User1@JadeAbsolutely, some people, like in the Soviet Union, don't celebrate Christmas until the 7th January 2017, so "had" is not valid for everyone.

There is no such thing as the Soviet Union!

Regular Contributor

There is no such thing as the Soviet Union!

@User1 This is true Smiley Happy I meant to say Russia, which has a capital called Moscow, just like they had in the USSR... now what was that called, I wonder?

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Valued Contributor

You never know, the way things are going, we may get another sort of union. The little chappie feel quite mighty at the moment.@BigAll, @User1, @Jade
Trusted Contributor

Nothing beats that @Jade. That made our pre christmas, granddaughter sneaking in to our bed, snuggling down arms around you, saying 'I love you specially as I can snuggle before 8am! You don't even tell mummy and daddy'. Smiley Wink Guess who will be in trouble if they find outSmiley LOL

Respected Contributor

That's really lovely @Jade and @mrsblazer. I can just imagine you all snuggled up in the mornings and Christmas is so much better with children around, their faces say it all.

My grand-daughter came the Sunday before Christmas and we had a little Christmas party for her she called it  'Poppy's special party' and she loved it. She had present, jelly, nibbles, juice with magic ice cubes (frozen juice), even the party hats which the 3 dogs also had to wear Smiley Happy

She stayed with us until the day before Christmas Eve, every morning she knocked on my door and opened the door slightly. She would say 'I don't mean to wake you Nanny but would you like me to wake Daddy to get us some toast for breakfast' Smiley Happy

It was so lovely to start the day with a smile. I told her I had to let the dogs out and she said 'thats alright Daddy will do it'. 

Every morning was the same, I waited for her every day.

Obviously, I got up and sorted things, I told her we could be girls together, make breakfast and take it back to bed without telling her Daddy.

She thought that was so special. I think they all love to think they have got one over on their parents at that age, don't they. 

It's as though they are having a special treat in their minds but for us what a wonderful way to start the day.

@Jade Christmas itself was alright, we did manage a few light hearted times even though some of us found it quite difficult.

Personally, I just kept thinking how much my Mum would have loved being with us and wishing I was home with my husband, my son and no one else. I know that sounds selfish but I wanted to be able to be sad whenever I felt like it and remember Mum whenever I felt like it as well, instead of worrying about whether everyone else was happy all the time.

Its my sons birthday on Friday but then I just want to see the year finish as soon as possible.  

2017 has got to be a better year, it definitely can't be worse, can it?

If your luck isn't what it could be put a 'P' before it .

Super Lidler Class of 2016
Respected Contributor

Isn't snuggle a lovely word. It is truely onomatopoeic .