Highlighted
Regular Contributor

An end to Christmas Corner

In almost every religious faith Christmas is coming to an endSmiley Sad. What is going to replace the Chrismas Corner? Smiley Happy

Maybe New Year Corner? Easter Corner? Healthy Corner?  Smoker's Coroner? Fitness Corner?

What do you think it should be?

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Trusted Contributor

Re: An end to Christmas Corner

Right angled?

Regular Contributor

@Duchess Right on Smiley Happy well..summed up.

http://www.mathportal.org/calculators/plane-geometry-calculators/right-triangle-calculator.php

If you waste your time talking to the people who don’t listen, then join our forum
Trusted Contributor

Aaarrghhhh....numbers!  Thanks anyway, @BigAll @Trastos

Regular Contributor

@BigAll@Duchess - as to what to call Christmas Corner as we move on in the calendar, how about Confusion Corner as I have already seen Easter Eggs on sale, Hot Cross buns seem to be available until July, Mince Pies from September, Back To School appeared this year before the children broke up from school and let's not forget the first class money makers called Valentine's Day and Halloween. Man FrustratedMan SurprisedMan Sad

Bah Humbug actually lasts all year so maybe Bah Humbug Haven rather than Corner?

p.s. @BigAll  - pardon me for being thick but I always thought that Christmas, as in centred on 25th December, was for Christians and not even all Christians? Man Happy

In days of old, so we are told, Lidl waited to be invented.
However people then had but bread and salt, yet lived their lives contented.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trastos Christmas depends on where you are for example Christmas in Russia is the 7th January 2017 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_in_Russia

@Duchess You suggested right angleSmiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@BigAll  - I quite agree that there is a spread of dates for "25th" due to the use of both the Julian and the Gregorian calendar and the Roman's choice of 25th for the WInter Solstice. However, I think we would agree that Jehovah's Witnesses are Christian and so they are an exemplary case of not celebrating Christmas because they believe Jesus said that people should commemorate his death, not his birth.

Trusted Contributor

Don't really know much about this but had half an idea that Jesus was not supposed to have actually died - maybe those Jehovah's whatsits know different if they commemorate his death.

Anonymous

Jesus christ, @harryflatters you ought to know better than religion/politics/women. @harryflatters

Regular Contributor

harryflatters wrote:

Don't really know much about this but had half an idea that Jesus was not supposed to have actually died - maybe those Jehovah's whatsits know different if they commemorate his death.

@harryflatters  - my other half of your idea is that he died and was resurrected and so the JW's have a point?