Start the day right with this healthy banana pancake recipe, studded with juicy blueberries for extra colour and flavour.
Ingredients: (For 2 servings)
- 2 bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1 pinches ground cinnamon
- 1 pinches baking powder
- 75 g blueberries
- Chop the banana into pieces and use a fork to mash until smooth.
- Add the egg and keep beating with the fork – the banana mix should be smooth but not completely puréed, or the pancakes will be flat.
- Stir through the cinnamon and baking powder until completely mixed in, then add a handful of the blueberries.
- Place a heavy bottomed pan over a medium heat and grease with cooking spray or a little butter.
- Add a spoonful of pancake mixture to the pan, smoothing down with the back of the spoon to form a small circle. If you are using a large pan, try cooking more than one pancake at once.
- Cook the pancakes over a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the tops begin to bubble. Use a spatula to flip the pancakes and cook for a further 1 minutes.
- Once cooked, slide the pancake onto a plate and keep warm while you repeat the process with the remaining mixture – aim for around 3 pancakes per person. Serve in stacks, scattering over any remaining blueberries.