Cooking time: 5 mins
Kalettes are a hybrid vegetable combining the best qualities of Brussels sprouts and kale. They have a striking purple-green colour, along with a nutty sweetness that pairs perfectly with the punchier flavour of chilli, garlic and ginger in this healthy side dish recipe.
Ingredients: (For 2 servings)
- 1 pack kalettes
- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 0.5 red chilli - deseeded and sliced
- 1 inch ginger root peeled and finely diced
- soy sauce
- Place a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add a splash of oil.
- Throw in the garlic and ginger and fry until fragrant, then add the kalettes, chilli and a dash of soy sauce to the pan.
- Toss the kalettes in the pan, stir-frying for 2 – 3 minutes until tender.