Cooking time: 45 mins
Crisp, crunchy and spicy, these curried roast chickpeas are a delicious vegan snack. Food blogger Jemma Andrew-Adiamah this recipe as a healthier alternative to crisps. If you fancy a drink with your chickpeas the spicy flavour will pair perfectly with a glass of Peuceta Primitivo.
Ingredients: (For 4 servings)
- 2 tins chickpeasdrained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepperfreshly ground
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6.
2. Pour the drained chickpeas into a clean tea towel and dry off any remaining residue, removing any skins that may have come loose.
3. Transfer the chickpeas to a non-stick baking tray and toss in the oil to coat. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
4. Once cooked, pour the chickpeas into a bowl and add the spices, salt and pepper. Mix well, ensuring all the chickpeas are evenly coated.
5. Allow to cool before eating.